What you can expect to see on
- Discover Ireland’s only fjord
- Cruise the 14km inlet of Killary Fjord and enjoy panoramic views of Connemara
- See some of the west of Ireland’s most awe inspiring landscapes
- Relax in the galley, where meals and drinks are served
- Go on the top deck to experience the exhilarating outdoors
- The mighty Mweelrea Massif
- The incredible Maumturk Mountains
- The beautiful Twelve Bens mountain range
- Views of the hidden Delphi Valley
- The “Devils Mother” towering over Leenane Village
- Inish Barna (Fox Rock)
- Rosroe and Bundorragha harbours
- Cruise alongside the extensive mussel ropes
- Watch the silver torpedoes leaping at the Salmon farm
- Observe the daily working life of the many boats on the Killary
- See up-close the bespoke, green marble navigation towers
- Meet the resident pod of Dolphins (If they feel like playing on the day!)
- Get the chance to observe many types of sea-bird, some only found in North Connemara
- Watch the shoreline for Seals, hunting for fish
- Look for the playful Otters on the Southern shore
- Hear the story of Diarmuid and Grainne
- Learn about “Big Ned Joyce”, the king of the Killary
- See the abandoned famine villages and the road paved with the tears of the population
- The story of the navigation towers and the white turf
- Listen to the tale of how two submarine commanders studiously ignored each other!
- Learn about the fault line between Mayo and Galway that made the Killary Fjord possible
- See landslides and the myriad of waterfalls on the Northern shores
- Hear how the mighty glaciers carved out the landscape you see today
- Learn all the mountains names and details with our scale model of the Fjord on board the Connemara Lady
- Treat yourself to a delicious meal in our café, all locally sourced
- Have afternoon tea with freshly baked scones and fresh cream
- Enjoy a drink at our fully licensed bar
- Try one of our famous Irish coffees
Answers you have a question for
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to book in advance?
Booking in advance from this website is highly recommended to avoid disappointment, although tickets can be purchased on the day from our ticket office at Nancy’s point.
How much does it cost?
How long in advance of the sailing do we need to arrive?
Do I need rain gear?
Is the tour suitable for children?
Is the boat wheelchair accessible?
Are dogs allowed on board?
Do we have to wear life jackets on board?
Is there food / drinks available on board?
Does the boat stop anywhere?
Where does the boat leave from?
How many people will be on board?
Will I get seasick?
Do you sail in all weathers?
Will I see dolphins?
How long is the tour?
Is the boat available for private hire?
Are there toilets on board?
Is there parking available?
Is there a commentary to tell us what we are seeing?
Is the commentary available in other languages?
Café & Bar
Enjoy a drink, a snack or lunch from our onboard café while taking in the beautiful scenery.
We make the most of the fantastic fresh fish and shellfish from the deep clear waters of the fjord. Our salads and sandwiches are prepared to order and we offer our full menu below on all scheduled cruises.
We have a well-stocked bar, including draught Guinness and a wide selection of local craft beers, as well as wines, spirits and a range of soft drinks.
Our friendly crew can make your choice of espressos, cappuccinos and lattes. But our tea and scones are pretty special too!
What our visitors says
“Excellent trip and great value. Commentary was interesting and the boat is really well equipped and comfortable. The fjord itself is breathtaking and its great value to see it this way.”
“This trip is a great way to see the Killary Fjord and its surrounding mountains. I don’t have good sea legs but was reassured by the “no sea sickness” guarantee offered by the company.”
“We had an amazing time on the boat tour and learned a TON!! The staff was amazing and soo friendly… If you don’t cruise with the Connemara Lady you are missing out!! Incredible time!! Thanks for making our trip to Connemara even better!”